Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Web development company scam?

I met with a potential employer. He does not have an office and works out of coffee shops. He spent the first interview explaining to me about franchising and Macdonald's and how it got started. After that he says I can work 8-10 hours a week and get 3000USD a month, and after a few years 150,000 a year. It is some kind of web development company. I think it is a scam. Have you heard of this scam before?

Web development company scam?
In my opinion....Anything that leads solely on the basis of earning great amount of money is borderline scam in the least. If most of the talk is about money making and little about the company, would you be comfortable doing the same to others. Comparing the opportunity to franchising is inaccurate. A common misuse of terms in the industry. If your are seeking an opportunity in network marketing or multi-level marketing, I highly suggest that you study the industry prior to getting involved. There are studies to show that 97% quit or fail at home based businesses like this. There are ways to avoid this failure. It requires understanding the facts about the industry. I have a couple of helpful links to facts in my profile page here. I also have many other helpful links through much research of my own. I would be happy to pass them along. One of my personal favorites is http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html


Now, don't take any of this the wrong way. I am not against building business through networking. I know the problems of the industry and seek solutions to build business around the issues.





Best Regards!
Reply:Its most likely a MLM (Multi Level Marketing company) from the sounds of things so without you giving us the name of the company Id say stay away.





Do a websearch and see what others have said but a rule of thumb when it comes to business is if it sounds too good to be true it is..


No comments:

Post a Comment